LACOVIA HIGH SCHOOL
"Through Toil to the Stars"
"Lacovia High School, Soaring Higher in Unity"
We feel a sense of appreciation for the visionaries who knew the importance and value of high school education. One of the school’s objectives is to establish and manage an effective educational system, enabling the students to achieve the highest level of personal development so that their personal needs and ambitions are fulfilled.
The institution continues to produce students of admirable qualities who now make contributions in the fields of education, medicine, security, tourism, vocational and other areas both here and abroad.
As we focus on the way forward, I invite all to join in and fulfill the mission and vision of our school as we seek to empower students to achieve the highest level of personal development.
The objectives of the school are as follows:
1. To provide and implement a curriculum that exposes all pupils to a comprehensive knowledge of various academic courses, career choices, sporting opportunities and training in physical education.
2. To inculcate in the mind of each pupil the notion of private and public morality, personal and cooperate integrity so critically important for character formation.
3. To inculcate in all pupils the worth of self respect and respect for their neighbour, community, persons of different social, political, religious and cultural preferences.
4. To empower all pupils with practical and technological skills that will enable them to function in a global economy where skilled workers are in demand.
5. To produce graduates who will use their acquired knowledge and status to promote the obvious and salient truth evident in our nations Motto, Anthem and Pledge.
6. To produce graduates who are equipped with the relevant practical and academic expertise that will earn them a place in local, regional and global institutions that offer tertiary levels of education.
7. To foster among students an appreciation for the work and effort of service clubs and non-profit organizations and the discipline they instill in others.